Welcome!

Sweet Pea Crochet, Sweet Etsy Shops & Sweet Nothings in your ear.....



Monday, December 17, 2007

A Secret Garden.....

I woke this morning to a snow white, wintery scene through my window....and though I love this time of year, I can't help but long for spring as I throw on my sweater and extra pair of socks. Green shoots popping out of the soil; buds on the trees; birds chirping and the sun shining just a little warmer each day. I absolutely love gardening, and can't wait to get my hands back into the soil this new year. I swear, if they made a perfume that was scented like spring soil, I'd probably be one of the first to buy it! lol. To fulfill my floral craving, I have discovered a "secret garden" of sorts in a wonderful etsy shop called Beads in Bloom. You must take a peek at the enchanting blooms that are handmade from hundreds of tiny beads strung on wire, then wrapped around one another to create a single petal. This is the art of French Beading. I adore these.....







The detail is amazing! Beads in Bloom offers a wide variety of french beaded floral items, such as bookmarks, pins and brooches, and barrettes. The shop also sells individual french beaded flowers which can be displayed at your home or office! I love the fact that the shop also offers wedding corsages and boutonnieres ~ How beautiful would these flowers be in a wedding??! So unique!


I really enjoyed my visit to this shop....items are displayed beautifully, prices are perfect, and I felt as though I had dropped into a secret garden. I can almost smell them! I love that the shop explains the art of french beading under their Profile, which really draws interest to this delicate craft. The shop accepts custom orders as well, willing to work with you if you would like flowers made in specific colors. Items purchased are shipped in white boxes, ready for gift giving, and earrings arrive in small drawstring pouches.


I encourage all of you to visit http://beadsinbloom.etsy.com/ and take a walk through the blossoms! Just what we need this time of year!




2 comments:

Armchair_Archives said...

Thanks for brining our attention to this awesome shop! I live in France and have seen a few examples of beaded flowers, but these are superb!! Really beautiful work!!

Sweet Pea Crochet said...

You're Welcome! I love the shop, and am so glad that you do too!

Have a great Holiday!