Welcome!

Sweet Pea Crochet, Sweet Etsy Shops & Sweet Nothings in your ear.....



Tuesday, December 18, 2007


I am nearly finished with my holiday shopping! This was no small feat this year, especially when choosing gifts for the kids. Toy recalls and safety concerns over imported items made Christmas shopping tedious and scary. I must say, though, that I have gone back to basics with my chosen gifts this year. I really gave this a lot of thought before I began shopping, and decided that the one special gift that I can give my kids this holiday is the gift of imagination. Toys have become so high tech and complicated in the past few decades - so much so that it's almost as though the toy does all the playing for the child. Children need to nourish their imagination through play - I have always believed that. I remember when my sister and I were kids, we would go and visit our great grandmother on Sundays. We never brought anything with us to keep us occupied, as she had a drawer in the living room that held books of paper dolls. At first glance, most kids today would balk at this type of toy, but we played for hours...carefully cutting out the doll's outfits and accessories along the dotted lines, folding the tabs, and dressing our dolls to act out hundreds of plays. Dolls, whether paper or cloth, bring the gift of play and friendship to any child. I will be giving my daughter a sweet handsewn doll this holiday. One that when you hug, it almost feels as if it hugs you back.

Where do you find a doll this special? You'll just have to shop at Beena Dolls!

This sweet doll shop is filled with handmade, original dolls that are just as adorable as can be!Every part of every doll is made from scratch - no parts or patterns used. The detail on each doll's face is hand embroidered after being drawn freehand. The end result is a sweet, cuddly doll that your child will cherish ~ even becoming a family keepsake. I just love these......




Making dolls for over 30 years, Beena Doll's owner takes great pride in her work. Visiting her shop, http://www.beenadolls.etsy.com/ was a lot of fun! I just loved reading through her profile, where she tells us she is a country girl at heart "I live in the country,was raised in the country(different part of the world,but country nonetheless)lived in cities twice and didn't like it .You just can't beat a 22 acre back yard!!!". lol.

A girl after my own heart!

The shop is so much fun to visit! Dolls are so wonderfully displayed, each one just waiting to be hugged! I am in such awe over the detail of all the doll's faces, and their outfits are beautiful!

I personally love "Betty Brown Eyes". This doll measures 18 inches, all clothing and the doll are machine washable (which I love), and the doll is made of cotton and double stitched. The doll's denim skirt is even made from recycled blue jeans and her sweater and socks are hand knitted!

The quality of this doll is amazing!


(Betty Brown Eyes)
Please visit this enchanting shop! I myself will be shopping at Beena Dolls with my daughter seated right beside me.....I'll let her choose that one special friend that just can't wait to meet her!
Have a Great Day everyone! Stay warm!







1 comment:

Felicia said...

Love your sweet dolls and your cute crocheted cupcakes :)