Welcome!

Sweet Pea Crochet, Sweet Etsy Shops & Sweet Nothings in your ear.....



Saturday, December 22, 2007

All Warm and Fuzzy......

Can you believe that Christmas is only a few days away? Time is just flying by. We'll blink, and then it will be New Years Eve. I haven't thought too much about making New Year's resolutions...I tend not to. Instead, I like to make a "Things I'd Like to Do This Year" list. lol. If you haven't tried it, it is fun....and great to do while you're hanging out on new year's eve. Once this list is done, keep it in a safe place - then on the next New Year's eve, you review the list from the year before, realizing all the things that you've accomplished. The list can be as big or little as you want it.....and the kids love it.

This year, I'm putting Learn to Knit on my list. My mother is very, very good at knitting, but I never caught on. Crochet is wonderful, and I caught on very quickly - taught myself, actually. When I was younger, my mom did attempt to teach me to knit, but to say the least, it didn't work out. lol. I have always been fascinated with knitting, and I really am going to try to learn this new year. If any of you can recommend a great book on knitting, or any other tips, feel free to comment me! Speaking of knitting.......
I stepped into the most amazing etsy shop this past week, called The Sheepish Lion. I love the name, lol. Very original and cute! I absolutely LOVE this shop! Shop owner Tammy is absolutely amazing at knitting up soft scarves, beanie hats, and ipod/cell phone cozies....but her felted jewelry is so sweet and unique! I must place an order ASAP! I have never seen necklaces like these before, but I am so taken with them........

These are made using 100% wool and a technique called 'wet felting'. They close with a barrell clasp, and can be custom ordered, if you'd prefer a different color. I can't wait to order mine!!

The Sheepish Lion's shop is a joy to visit....you can spend a lot of time here, browsing through all the superb items. Here are a few more of my faves.....
The felted Bangle bracelets with seed beads look awesome! The Sheepish Lion also carried handcarved knitting needles, as well! How great it that?!
Pretty please, with a cherry on top, visit this shop! You'll love it as much as I do!
She also has a fantastic blog http://www.sheepishxlion.blogspot.com
Be sure to check it out!
Have a Great Day everyone! Stay Warm!

No comments: