Welcome!

Sweet Pea Crochet, Sweet Etsy Shops & Sweet Nothings in your ear.....



Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fa la la la la


I absolutely love the holiday season as much as the next person, but the stress level can become ridiculous. So, in times of great havoc, I turn to my hooks and skeins of yarn and all becomes right in my world. I've been asked more times than I can count "why do you crochet" and I've noticed that the question always has one common theme - it is always asked by someone who does not crochet. lol. The repetition of stitches calms your worries, the feel of the yarn will actually soothe your soul....and the end results are always rewarding. Crochet is an amazing art.


I have been in awe of the crochet talent on etsy. If you still haven't visited this absolutely amazing handmade shopping extravaganza - what are you waiting for? I do sell on etsy myself, but have spent so much more time browsing and shopping other Etsian crochet shops. The work is amazing! Go browse - I'd love to hear about your favorite shops/items. The one thing I've noticed is that my favorites on etsy have become gargantuan - there are soooo many things I just have to have. I'll be featuring a few of 'my favorite things' from Etsy in my next posts.


My christmas shopping is in full swing, the tree is up and the lights are twinkling, and soon my house will be a whirlwind of wrapping paper, tape, tags, bows, dominic the donkey, baking, mailing, and generally becoming a tornado of holiday cheer. phew.


Where did I put my hook?


No comments: